Here’s a have a look at a few of the attention-grabbing information associated to his life.
* He was born on January eight, 1942, which coincides with the 300th anniversary of Galileo’s demise. He died right this moment, March 14, which is 139th delivery anniversary of Albert Einstein.
* Hawking was not capable of learn correctly till he was eight and his grades have been among the many worst within the class.
* Regardless of his common efficiency in class, Hawking cleared the Oxford entrance examination to attain a scholarship to check physics on the age of 17.
* He has written a kids’s ebook named “George’s Secret Key to the Universe”.
* Earlier than his sickness, he was probably the most vital members of Oxford Rowing Staff. His dedication and perfection made his teammates name him “the adventurous kind”.
* In 2007, he took a zero-gravity flight utilizing a service offered by Zero Gravity Corp. Hawking believed that in future our planet might not have the ability to maintain human life and therefore, people would wish to journey in zero-gravity environments, to colonize different planets and their satellites.
* Hawking has made a number of appearances on tv. An animated model of him made an look on “The Simpsons” for which he gave the voice of his well-known voice synthesizer. He additionally made appearances on “The Massive Bang Principle” and “Star Trek: Subsequent Technology”.
* In 1997, he misplaced a guess made with American theoretical physicist John Preskill. He claimed that nothing can escape a black gap, not even data. Nonetheless, he was confirmed incorrect and he admitted his mistake in 2004.
* The voice assigned to his speech synthesizer is one among its form. The substitute voice has an American accent, although he’s of British origin. Hawking refused to improve the voice of the synthesizer as a result of he believed that the distinctive voice has change into part of his identification.
* Hawking has by no means been nominated for a Nobel Prize, primarily due to the sphere of his analysis – black holes.